CMC is a weekly fellowship group, based out of First Baptist Church of Monterey, targeting young men and women (18 - 30) in college, the military, or early career. It is designed to provide an atmosphere of spiritual growth, encouragement, and maturity through the reading of God's word, personal fellowship, and monthly events / acts of community service.
Fridays @ 6 pm!
At the church, 600 Hawthorne Street
(Great dinner too!)
About twice a month the men and women study separately in small groups.
The men are studying "Masculine Mandate"- Sir Richard Phillips
The Women are studying "A Praying Life"- Paul E. Miller
- God is the Creator
- The Bible is fully true
- Jesus is fully God and fully man
- Jesus is the means of our salvation
- God exists in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- God saves anyone who comes to Him in faith
- Our greatest joy is to be fully in love with God
- God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him
The purpose of the CMC ministry is to glorify God by knowing Him and leading everyone to salvation and maturity in His son Jesus Christ, through the truth of the Word of God by the gracious work of the Holy Spirit.
"Let us know; let us press on to know the LORD; His going out is as sure as the dawn; He will come to us as the showers; as the spring rains that water the earth." Hosea 6:3